Looking to strategically move into a management position and become a team leader.
Communications Coordinator, Nikon Inc. | 2014 GMBA at IE Business School
I am a Jill of all trades sort. I love learning and putting my mind to work. I am a self-taught hobbyist photographer, a cook (and Instagramming my creations), a reader; a surfer, a yogi, and a mosher (still a punk at heart).
November 2010 — Present
• Provide departmental support to Senior Communications Manager, Assistant Manager of Communications and Communications Supervisor.
• Manage communications functions including day-to-day contact with Advertising and Public Relations agencies, vendors, internal Nikon staff and in-house production department.
• Assist in tactical execution of D-SLR and MILC advertising and specialized public relations programs.
• Interact with Public Relations agency to ensure proper approval and delivery of consignment equipment for editorial reviews, product placements, television commercial shoots, events, and where else needed.
• Manage spreadsheets and budgets (estimate vs. actual) for Advertising and Public Relations Agencies.
• Manage, prepare and organize monthly, quarterly, semiannual, and annual budget reports and provide support to Senior Communications Manager for department annual eight figure budget.
• Work closely with Senior Communications Manager, Advertising and Public Relations Agencies in processing, approvals, trafficking and coding all invoices for Domestic and Canada.
• Own relationship with Vocus PR Software and Adopt-A-Highway including contract negotiation and budget.
• Manage congratulatory advertisements for Nikon imaging retail businesses including reviewing advertisement copy, making recommendations on copy change, and liaise between Senior Communications Manager and Senior Vice President of Sales and Business Development for copy and estimate approval.
• Work with Nikon legal team on various aspects of communications program execution including Master Services agreements, various usage, sweepstakes and other legal agreements.
Marketing Assistant I
December 2009 — November 2010
• Provided departmental support to General Manager of Media and six National Broadcast managers and supervisors.
• Answered phones, making proper referral or handling as appropriate.
• Opened, read, sorted, prioritized and distributed incoming mail; ensured outgoing mail and packages were prepared properly and scheduled for delivery.
• Ensured accurate and logical organization of files, documents and records; ensured effective control of forms; controlled confidentiality of files as necessary.
• Scanned, copied and/or faxed documents.
• Monitored office supply inventory and ordered as necessary; ensured received supplies are correct and expensed appropriately; set-up and maintained tidiness within department/storage rooms.
• Interacted with outside vendors.
• Prepared conference room for onsite meetings and attended to any catering needs as necessary.
• Created and executed numerous projects and reports using Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint.
• Coordinated domestic travel arrangements.
• Organized, prepared and submitted managerial and departmental expense reports.
Sales Assistant/Retention Manager
April 2008 — December 2009
• Provided executive-level administrative support to the Vice President of Direct Sales, New York Region and five sales directors with a demonstrated ability to improve procedures and meet demanding deadlines.
• Liaison between all impacted departments to ensure proper communications and reporting practices.
• Assisted 35 account executives with standard duties that include software and company internet application troubleshooting, project and program support.
• Planned and coordinated corporate luncheons and developed presentations for related on- and off-site meetings.
• Organized the details of special events, travel arrangements, corporate agendas and itineraries.
• Collaborated with departmental managers on weekly postings for master reports to facilitate accurate and timely writing, editing, and preparation of final copy from draft to distribute.
• Directed business relations and distribution of company literature to stimulate client interest and sales leads.
• Made service changes, recommended service options and scheduled installation for phone, fax and computer services. Provided detailed and accurate accounts of customer calls for prevention of future audit issues.
• Handled customer inquiries, complaints, billing questions and payment extension/service requests.
Star Automotive of Suffolk, Inc.
October 2002 — April 2008
• Reported to the President and managed day-to-day operations for this twenty-year old company.
• Created and maintained paper and electronic files and customer bills through QuickBooks.
• Reduced total expenses by correcting cash-flow problems and improving inventory turnover.
• Recorded sales, balanced daily cash, purchased and maintained inventory.
• Prepared and distributed weekly payroll.
• Scheduled appointments and assisted customers with billing questions and payments.
Instituto de Empresa
Global MBA+ Digital Marketing
Suffolk County Community College
State University of New York Empire State College
Bachelor's of Science, Business, Management and Economics