June 2013 — Present
Your amazing online presence is right this way.Create your profile
Associate Consultant at Parsons Brinckerhoff
Prepared and posted 32 monthly journal entries and reconciled three balance sheet accounts
for the Inbound Transportation Accounting Team.
- Planned, designed, validated and documented methodology for a tool that calculates
freight cost, which resulted in a scalable process to check accuracy of accruals and
- Assisted in authoring policy and methodology documents for new market integration and
new hires for the Transportation team
- Developed & tested SQL queries to automate cost matching and CPU calculations for
freight resulting in increased efficiency and accuracy.
- Integrated automating elements (SQL, VBA code) into manual journal entries to reduce
error and increase efficiency, which contributed to an overall 2-day (40%) reduction in
the monthly close process.
- Conducted and drove accrual deliberation meetings amongst multiple teams and embedded
analytical elements to reduce meeting time with more robust data.
- Led ad hoc analyses to constantly assess the appropriateness of the methodology used and
the data utilized.
- Received offer for full-time Financial Analyst position
- Coordinated, produced, and implemented programming to represent and entertain the
undergraduate student body at the University of Washington.
- Developed collaborative entertainment events with diverse student groups, such as Office
of Governmental Relations, Student Health Consortium, and the Student Radio Station.
- Managed a $120,000 annual budget and presented event budgets (e.g. ticket revenues and
projected expenses) to ASUW Board of Directors and Finance & Budget Director.
- Negotiated contracts with artists, lecturers, authors, & comedians.