Environmental Defense Fund
Senior Business Manager
November 2011 — Present
To systematically manage the business aspects of the Climate and Air Program at Environmental Defense Fund.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Oversee the operational and fiscal activities of the Climate and Air Program to include: staffing levels, budgets, and financial management. In particular develop the annual budget, forecast expenses, monitor expenditures, develop reports as needed. Identify problems and ensure they are resolved with the appropriate managers, or the Managing Director.
• Plan and implement systems and procedures to improve the operations of the Climate and Air program. In particular develop approaches which ensure team managers provide accurate and timely financial information and are aware of the status of finances, grants and contracts. Analyze processes and data and provide team managers feedback on their financial performance.
• Manage the financial preparation for operational reviews.
• Through work with the Climate and Air Program staff and managers ensure that grants and contracts are developed and managed efficiently, effectively and in accordance with Environmental Defense Fund expectations and in adherence with the conditions of the grants or contracts.
• Work with staff to ensure that expenses are appropriate, are coded properly and are paid.
• Through work with the Climate and Air Program staff and managers, ensure that hiring processes are managed efficiently and in accordance with Environmental Defense expectations.
• Ensure that new employees in the Climate and Air Program are aware of processes for conducting business operations.
• Monitor fundraising progress and ensure that the Vice President of the Climate and Air program and Managing Director are aware of the status of grants and potential grants from major donors and foundations.
• Act as a liaison with finance, development and human resources staff.