Sales Associate & FitPro Specialist
February 2013 — Present
Your amazing online presence is right this way.Create your profile
Innovative & Passionate. Event & Program Planning. Looking to excite & engage the world.
• Contribute to team fundraising effort grossing $1.4 million for 2013 Making Strides walk
• Conducted cold call outreach to local businesses and corporations to recruit new Team Leaders
• Coach teams on fundraising, recruitment, and outreach to fulfill area fundraising goals•
• Manage volunteer teams with event day logistics for 40,000+ participant walk for breast cancer
• Maintain CRM database, Convio, including backend management and client trouble shooting
• Coach teams on fundraising, recruitment, and outreach to hit $140,000 area goal
• Manage High School Challenge, including specialized coaching, logistical assistance for walk day
• Spearhead relationship with the Coaches vs. Cancer program
AmeriCorps Alums is a national network of over 775,000 former AmeriCorps volunteers that are dedicated to building a community of experienced volunteer leaders committed to a lifetime of service. Alums are encouraged to fully realize their potential by building connections and engaging with others to create transformational change in their communities.
As the Social Events & Networking Co-chair, my goal is to create an inviting environment for Alums in the DC Metro area to gather and meet.
- Manage a committee to plan 12-15 social events per year
- Foster partnerships with like-minded organizations for networking and co-sponsoring events
- Create innovative, cross-committee events for the larger AmeriCorps Alums Chapter
- Manage any event related budgets
- Organize and develop all marketing, outreach, and publicity for all events
- Speak on AmeriCorps Alums panels for various programs including AmeriCorps Alums national, Catholic Charities, and Higher Achievement
TRAK Services offers professional support staffing solutions to corporations, associations, government relations, unions, academic institutions and other organizations in the Washington, DC metropolitan area. TRAK performs customized staffing and search solutions for all levels of administrative office staff as well as mid-level management and conference personnel.
Responsibilities have included:
- Assist with scheduling and processing of travel arrangements and travel billing
- Membership and volunteer program assistance
- Conduct front desk duties - answer phones, greet guests and visitors to business office
- Data entry and question inquiry for clients and staff
- Manage fitness facility each weekend
- Assist client, hotel guests and visitors with questions or complaints
- Act as company salesperson. Giving tours, presenting contract details, processing membership.
RSVP of the Flint Hills is a community-based volunteer referal program funded nationally by the Corporation for National and Community Service and locally by the United Way and the Riley County Council on Aging. Based in Manhattan, Kansas, RSVP provides opportunities for those 55 years and older to volunteer their services and to make a difference in their community. RSVP matches the skills and interests of its pool of volunteers with the needs of service organizations already helping area residents. Annually, RSVP of the Flint Hills, Inc volunteers contribute nearly 80,000 hours of volunteer service.
- Develop marketing outreach strategies according to program’s objectives and mission
- Maintain a network of over 100 local volunteer agencies and supporters to increase community engagement
- Recruit, train and retain a network of over 400 volunteers
- Facilitate logistics of weekly volunteer and training events - - - Assist with office management and manage social media.
- Conceive a new volunteer program for seniors in assisted living facilities
The Campus Ministry of the Diocese of Kansas has a mission to encourage young-adults to experience servant leadership through community service projects and missions throughout the year, through diocesan opportunities and programs coordinated by our local campus ministries, campuses, or other community organizations.
- Represent the ministry among 20+ campus groups to create networks for student support at K-State
- Direct Episcopal sponsored events on the Kansas State University campus - including a 5k Fun Run, Social Justice Education Fair and partnerships with new on-campus groups
- Coordinate service events locally, nationally, and internationally - including a mission trip to Kenya & weekly Free Community Breakfast
- Community management initiatives (Facebook, Blog, Twitter)
- Organize three weekly programs and prepare all marketing strategies
- Assist local churches with Community/University Relations at Wichita State University and Emporia State University
- Collaborate on the development of a multi-year diocesan program to structure and focus outreach efforts
- Assist with weekend scheduling conflicts
- Support new workers during training
- Assist librarians, students and staff with stocking and research
- Develop experiential learning programs for mission and outreach initiatives
- Lead teams of adult and youth volunteers for the planning of statewide youth events
- Provide leadership support for state-wide youth programs
- Provide emotional support, academic assistance, and fellowship to youth.
- Coordinate select programs - including volunteer and planning management, event logistics, recruitment, program development
Judgement on Genocide was a fictional trial, coordinated by a team of leading Genocide scholars, to bring to light the evidence against Sudanese President Omar al-Bashir and his crimes against humanity in Darfur.
- Provide administrative assistance to member of the Advisory Committee for Judgment on Genocide
- Aided Advisory Committee with event programming
- Develop networks with student organizations committed to Judgment on Genocide's mission
- Manage Student based initiatives to support the Judgement on Genocide mission