Chef @ Home
February 2012 — Present
- Work, and develop relationships, with external suppliers to ensure the very best reputation within the industry, and receives the service required to ensure that the operational Food and Beverage team can deliver the highest quality product, and the highest financial return
- Work closely with the Chefs to ensure correct stock levels are available from central distribution area, to assist the operational team
- Ensure strict compliance with all relevant Hygiene and Safety legislation and requirements
- Ensure that the industry standard with regard to safety and hygiene
- Review the product range to ensure that all key quality standards are maintained
- Participate in the food development panel that sits to drive the food offer across the estate
- Responsible for ensuring spend per head is increased year on year, without jeopardising quality
- Purchasing officer and budget controller for the restaurant, creating a professional relationship with all suppliers
This include ordering of equipment within financial constraints
- Assist in the planning and implementation of new ideas and menu specifications each season, ensure guidelines and high quality our guests expect
- Provide constant leadership, counselling, advice and feedback to the Owner
- Taking responsibility for the business performance of the restaurant.
- Analysing and planning restaurant sales levels and profitability.
- Organising marketing activities, such as promotional events and discount schemes.
- Preparing reports at the end of the shift/week, including staff control, food control and sales.
- Creating and executing plans for department sales, profit and staff development.
- Setting budgets and coordinating menus