Barbara Jordan International Preschool
October 2013 — Present
• Plan both long and short range activities in accordance with curriculum objectives, developmentally appropriate practice and program philosophy.
• Complete bi-annual assessment of children's development and report progress to parents.
• Maintain daily open communication with parents through text alerts, email, and preschool blog.
• Facilitate in-service and staff meetings.
• Supervise assistants, aides, and volunteers in the classroom.
• Confer with teaching staff regarding child's behavioral and learning problems, and recommend methods of modifying inappropriate behavior and encouraging learning experiences.
• Maintain staff development and education.
• Train teachers and oversee the implementation of curriculum and instruction for preschool program.
• Plan and coordinate parent education program.
• Content creator for website and social media.
• Create monthly newsletters and homework activities for all classes.
• Evaluate teachers and make recommendations to Director.