February 2013 — Present
The Mondi Group is a major international packaging and paper a company with production operations across 29 countries with total turnover of close to $9 billion. The Company’s key operations are located in Central Europe, Russia, the Americas, and South Africa. Mondo is integrated across the paper and packaging process, including growing of wood and the manufacture of pulp and paper, and conversion of packaging papers into corrugated packaging, industrial bags, and coatings. The Group is principally involved in the manufacture of packaging paper, converted packaging products and uncoated fine paper (UFP).
The Mondi North America business is composed of four business segments – Consumer Products, Industrial Bags (US and Mexico), and Release Liners. The total business revenue is approximately $370 million with 10 plants, and approximately 1200 employees.
• Responsible for championing the growth of Mondi Americas. Leverage synergies between businesses to create a premium packaging company. Championed Continuous Improvement in all BUs.
• Recommend acquisitions and perform due diligence on all potential acquisition candidates. Develop and implement post-merger integration plans as required. Integral in $450MM acquisition of Graphic Packaging’s multi-wall bag business.
• Developed common benefits platform, 401K plan, and integrated payroll system for all North America.
• Responsible for developing Mondi’s NA website and strategy for expansion into South America.
• 2015 – Focused on the turnaround of Consumer Products achieving increases of 30% in volume, 11% in turnover, and 12.4% in EBITDA while reducing fixed costs by $1 million and headcount by 10%.