The International Foundation for Electoral Systems
Program Officer - Middle East and North Africa
May 2011 — May 2013
Directed and administered a $9M federally funded program portfolio ($4M contract task order and a $5M cooperative agreement) for Jordan and a $2.5M cooperative agreement for a 4 month project in Yemen. Led a project team of 7 staff based in Amman, Jordan and Washington, DC. Reviewed and approved all grant and contract activity, serving as first and last line of review before execution. Provided team leadership and technical oversight for the development, monitoring, and quality assurance of project work-plans, logistical frameworks, performance measurement plans of KPIs and deliverables, and operational and project budgets.
• Introduced new project implementation approaches and methodologies to orchestrate the transition into a results-based program strategy.
• Initiated new processes and metrics for data collection that significantly improved report quality.
• Applied lessons learned of past project performance to refocus and improve IFES' program management strategies.
• Re-engineered project controls, improving IFES' Federal Contractors Performance Assessment Report ratings in all
six evaluation categories.
• Prepared quarterly budget forecast and accruals reports for operational decision-making; Applied knowledge of federal cost principles to determine allowability of expenditures.
• Secured $7.5 million in federal funding for new projects and $1M for expanded IQC task order activities.