Security Architect / Sales Engineer
January 2016 — Present
Primary account focus was Fortune 50 and MSP / ISP areas. Lead Technical Engineer/Point of Contact for Trident Spear Phishing. Malware, Ransomware, mitigation technology. Managed customer trials for North America. Write custom scripts and platform specific code to enable products to function on Linux supporting Exchange, Gmail, O365, and other platforms. Supported two sales people and inside sales staff. Point person for ISO 27001 and SOC compliance program development for Trident product platform. SME on emerging threats such as W2 Spear Phishing, Black Energy Malware, IRS tax defrauding scam.
• Worked with clients to detect attacks such as text based only spear phishing, impersonation, payload, malware / ransomware, URL attacks, spoofing threats.
• Provided real time threat detection information from data streams, malware fingerprinting in areas such as email, web and mobile to clients.
• Implemented Trident with existing SEG’s such as Proofpoint, Ironport and cloud based offerings.
• Implemented improvements to the Trident threat detection such as exception handling, threat correlation, country of origin to IP appending, threat category and threat level notifications, role based user management, trending, audit / compliance reporting to existing threat platforms.
• Contributor to ISO 27001 process as well as other regulatory standards. Including development of policies, procedures, IR / BCP, audit.
• Developed data classification and risk based data handling standard that can be implemented across the organization.
• Worked with PM's to integrate existing Cloudmark threat detection feeds, malware detection into the Trident platform. These feeds enable the product to react within seconds to global threats.
• Educated customers on the need for Trident integration existing threat processes including incident response, threat notification, user notification, SOC / NOC functions.
• Educated customers about email best practices.