I discovered my fascination with data & statistics while in college studying as (then) a dance major. It was my sophomore year and I was absolutely enthralled by my business statistics research study... so much so that while working on my stats project backstage I missed my entrance for a number in our holiday show dress rehe...
The secret to having it all is loving it all.
problem solving, developing new work product, improving processes to develop better efficiency & effectivity, watching hard work pay off in all aspects of life (whether it be others or my own), socializing with friends & family, teaching jazz/tap/ballet at the dance studio I grew up dancing at
Alpha Phi Fraternity
Delta Delta Chapter President
December 2011 — December 2012
As Chapter President for the Delta Delta Chapter of Alpha Phi at Oklahoma City University, I served many purposes including being a liaison between the alumni chapter, fellow greek communities, Alpha Phi International, and the university. I was responsible for understanding all of the roles within the chapter and served as head of the Executive Council. I spearheaded weekly Executive Council meetings and chapter meetings. My primary objective for the chapter was to establish short & long-term goals along with working with the officers to develop the strategies to achieve them. During my time as Chapter President, our chapter became the top recruiters on campus, increased our chapter GPA, raised a record amount of money for our philanthropy, and strengthened relationships with our International organization.
Commercial Insurance Department Intern
June 2012 — July 2012
• Selected as a participant in the intern program to work under an Account Executive & Account Manager in a commercial insurance unit of the insurance brokerage company
• Responsible for analyzing loss runs & developing a financial statement self-insured scorecard for transportation clients
• Responsible for responding to a prompt through a business presentation to Lockton Executives over the analysis & significance of corporate wellness programs
Morgan Stanley Smith Barney
September 2011 — May 2012
• Responsible for updating client asset allocations and sector weighting of asset allocation classified by security and compiling significant reports for the client’s use.
• Responsible for selecting and composing various portfolio options made of varying mutual funds depending on the client’s investment objectives
Oklahoma City University
Bachelor of Business Administration, Finance