Graduate Assisstant to the Director
October 2012 — Present
• Implement nutrition recommendations and inspire positive behavior change on a systematic scale by adjusting dining hall menus to better align with Dietary Guidelines
• Evaluate menus for nutritional balance, including presence of whole grains, lean proteins, and vegetarian options, and make recommendations as necessary
• Monitor menu nutrition information for accuracy
• Worked closely with procurement team and students (including hosting product tastings) to create a balanced product lineup of Gluten Free items that are available daily in our new Gluten Free zones
• Helped develop a 9 day cycle menu for a dining hall concept free of milk, eggs, soy, peanuts, tree nuts, fish, shellfish, and gluten
• Partnered with the Office of Health Promotions for a yearlong health campaign. My role included planning promotional events in the dining hall during each month of the campaign, as well as selecting menu items to highlight that correspond with the health message of the month.