Georgia Institute of Technology
Administrative Manager - Biomedical Engineering
July 2013 — Present
• Provide assistance to the Chair in the areas of budget management and personnel administration, and
• Supervise four direct employees in the support staff. Oversee personnel functions for those support staff including but not limited to hiring, promotions, transfers, vacation and FMLA schedules; plan, develop, and
provide staff development of opportunities.
• Analyze administrative problems and make recommendations for new or revised policies and implement positive
changes for the department / support staff.
• Coordinate departmental activities; such as the Holiday party, first ever “Bring Your Kids to Work Day” (which included a day full of STEM activities and tours), several large luncheons for celebrations and seminars within the institution.
• Coordinate and organize the recruitment of faculty and staff, including but not limited to organizing the candidate’s
logistics, schedule interviews, complete paperwork required by Dean’s Office, the Provost’s Office, and the Executive Vice President of Research.