Daily Bruin Video
August 2009 — March 2011
· Designed and implemented staff development and retention program to increase talent retention by 90% over one year.
· Developed departmental resource guide, which lays out workflow, solved daily production issues, as well as outlined a
comprehensive guide to technical and journalistic concepts- increased staff productivity and performance by 75%.
· Provided leadership to 50+ video journalists in daily production, facilitated issues resolution and instated production workflow
models that ensured timely and efficient results.
· Strengthened internship program that trains 15+ participants each quarter; directly interacted with workshop instructors to
streamline the transition from the internship period to regular staff.
· Encouraged a team-oriented environment in order to focus on innovative project ideas, content quality and workflow, as well as
standard deadline schedule development.
· Actively participated in training program to rise from intern position to Video Department Head.
· Award: 1st place, Television Breaking News Reporting, Society of Professional Journalists.