SEO & Content Marketing Manager
February 2014 — Present
Your amazing online presence is right this way.Create your profile
"People of accomplishment rarely sat back and let things happen to them. They went out and happened to things..." - GRETCHEN JONES
• Managed user interface design, functional requirements, development & testing for Cuurio, a SaaS solution to streamline partnerships with startups for brands.
• Provided counsel for product strategy & specification direction when consulted.
• Collaborated with Research & Outreach staff to develop internal processes to ensure streamlined progress & data consistency.
• Employee: January 2013-August 2013
• Consultant: August 2012-December 2012
• Consulted SEO best practices throughout the website build process, delivering SEO & technical audits, keyword research & site maps, content & meta guidelines, design & development consultations, & Google Analytics setup.
• Ensured optimal site health by performing routine site maintenance, monitoring crawl errors using Google Webmaster Tools & implementing fixes.
• Executed clients' link building initiatives for increased keyword rankings & online reputation management, contributing to asset creation & blogger outreach using Buzzstream.
• Managed local SEO efforts for real estate clients, providing local SEO recommendations inclusive to directory & review management.
• Compiled monthly reports from data pulled from Google Analytics, Google Adwords, SEM Rush & Moz.
• Assisted in research & creation of competitive audits & link building strategies for new business pitches.
Brands Serviced: Hilton Hotels & Resorts; The Bozzuto Group; Ryan Homes; Rockefeller Center; Cuisine Solutions; University of Maryland, University College; Dormify; Healthcare.gov
• Crafted digital strategies across channels inclusive to a website redesign, the creation and distribution of online newsletters, and the promotion and production of webinars.
• Utilized insights provided from online analytics to drive email & webinar content strategy for lead generation.
• Designed and produced print collateral for industry-related trade shows and events like the HFMA ANI Conference.
• Gained additional insight into digital marketing, website redevelopment and online media through observations in client meetings.
• Researched trends in higher education and healthcare to provide context for projects, providing visual content when needed.
• Managed client invoicing and tear-sheet reporting.
• Contributed to the idfive blog by submitting posts about trends and opinions about social media.
• Assisted in Central Atlantic Toyota's sales process by editing dealer lead information pulled from BuyAToyota.com to be ranked by lead ranking software.
• Ensured up-to-date pricing for Toyota's parts and accessories by submitting dealer changes on BuyAnAccessory.com
• Directed traffic towards the website by helping raise brand awareness of the product, organic hair root touch-up powder, using SEO tactics.
• Assisted with online sales functions on PayPal.
• Participated in copy writing and editing for clients' print ads and websites.
• Collaborated with other interns to contribute creative concepts for campaigns.