Sr. Director, Associate General Counsel - Dispute/Litigation Management
June 2011 — Present
• Provide legal support and counsel to business partners on various commercial disputes.
• Proactively manage an over $10 million public liability and commercial litigation budget, an average of 200 litigated matters and a five member litigation team consisting of attorneys, paralegals and administrative support.
• Successfully reduced attorney’s fees and settlements in public liability matter by approximately 20% in one year.
• Directly negotiate early resolution of potential litigation matters.
• Proactively manage outside counsel on litigation matters, which includes reviewing all pleadings, motions, discovery responses and briefs.
• Provide oversight to the production of documents for purposes of discovery – electronic and paper.
• Attend mediations, court conferences, arbitrations, and trials.
• Work closely with outside counsel regarding case budget, strategy and resolution.
• Successfully reduced the number of outside counsels used by the Company in commercial litigation matters through an RFP process.
• Provide updates to the company's General Counsel, Division General Counsel and Senior Management team on high profile litigation matters and disputes.
• Provide counsel to restaurant operations and support teams regarding various legal issues.
• Assist in the preparation of the Board of Directors Audit Committee Litigation Report.
• Provide quarterly updates to external auditors on pending material litigation.