Social Marketing Manager
June 2011 — Present
My role at Billboard includes:
- Develop and manage the execution of Billboard's global social media strategy
- Develop and manage the execution of the Billboard Music Award's social TV strategy
- Develop and oversee relationships with bloggers, influencers, and fan sites.
- Train editorial, sales and events departments on social media tools, strategies, and best practices
- Create and manage the social execution for all Billboard's industry-facing conferences
- Create all social media reports (internal, campaign-based, etc.)
- Manage and maintain Billboard's social media properties including Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr, Instagram, YouTube, Pinterest and Google+ with Billboard's editorial teams
- Brainstorm, sell-through and executed integrated marketing programs in collaboration with Billboard’s sales and marketing teams.
- Manage all social media vendor relationships, including vendor selection and contract negotiation.
What I've achieved:
- My strategies increased official Billboard Music Awards hashtag use by 180% from 2011 to 2012, and 170% from 2012 to 2013. The 2013 BBMA's are also the "most engaged Shazamable award show", and the 2012 show was the 3rd-most “Shazam’d” event in live TV history at time of airing.
- Expanded strategic social media use from one department to every department within the company, including trainings and hands-on education of key employees
- Increased organic referral traffic from Twitter, Tumblr, Facebook and YouTube by 13% YoY
- Billboard's total social audience has increased by 531% (807k+ to 5.1MM+)
- Launched Billboard's Tumblr, Pinterest, Vine, Foursquare, Rdio, and Google+ accounts