Birch, Stewart, Kolasch & Birch, LLP (BSKB)
Records Specialist II, Project Manager
July 2016 — Present
• Initiated and managed an 8-week project to correct 19,000 database terms following the implementation of a new records retention schedule.
• Created custom database queries to identify terms and track progress, and created charts to demonstrate to stakeholders.
• Set weekly goals for team members and shared daily numbers reports.
• Mapped new retention rules onto database workflows, creating workarounds and viable solutions as needed.
• Regularly oversee processing/destruction of 1,000-1,500 boxes of off-site records within an average 3-week project to clear out a records backlog.
• Train team members on specific project procedures through the use of powerpoint presentations, handouts, and practice materials.
• Create and implement onsite organizational systems to track records for short- and long-term storage and discovery needs.
• Ongoing writing and editing of a department Standard Operating Procedures.
• Reorganized 150-200 hierarchical department folders on a shared drive, creating new descriptive file names and hierarchies based on task/project type and date.
• Use research expertise for attorney-requested conflict checks; completed over 100 requests in a 6-month period.