Business Development Assistant
Kentucky Center for Ag & Rural Development
I have studied Public Service and Leadership, with a minor in Agriculture Economics at The University of Kentucky. Throughout college I have held jobs in both direct marketing and sales in the Agritourism industry in Kentucky. I have a passion for food, fun, and communicating ideas and products to the public.
"The first step to getting the things you want out of life is this: Decide what you want." - Ben Stein
Food & Drink, Travel. Agriculture and Agritourism
Marketing and Outreach Coordinator
May 2012 — July 2013
• Managed and updated company website. Improved functionality and increased monthly visitors. Responsible for creation of the weekly Sage Bulletin that was distributed to over 1,000 customers through the company’s website and Facebook page and the Sales Bulletin that was distributed to all in-store customers and posted on the company’s website.
• Developed and implemented company’s social media marketing plans. Managed Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest accounts. Efforts increased Facebook followers by approximately 33%.
• Customer relationship management including updating customer mailing list and Mail Chimp campaign lists. Responsible for weekly emails to customers about new sales, seasonal items and upcoming events.
• Drafted news releases for distribution. Efforts resulted in coverage on local radio stations and newspapers.
IDEALITET | an idea development company
January 2012 — June 2012
• Managed and coordinated conference rooms available for more than 10 companies located in the office complex.
• Performed basic office tasks, including but not limited to customer service, writing business emails, communicating with multiple business and corporations within a single complex, forwarding mail to respective tenants.
University of Kentucky
January 2011 — May 2012
• Assisted professor and students with Farm Management Lab courses.
• Provided guidance for students on business plans and financial statement exercises.
• Helped students troubleshoot Microsoft Excel issues.
Wildside Winery and Vineyard
November 2010 — February 2012
• Designed content and managed Facebook and Twitter pages, based on research in the Kentucky wine industry information provided by management.
• Created marketing materials, such as flyers and wine lists, to assist customers better understand the wines available.
• Coordinated event planning of summer concert series and private events at the winery.
University of Kentucky
Bachelor's of Science, Community Communications and Leadership Development