Social enterprise, Economic development, Impact investing, Sustainable social change, Advice on making the transition from the private to the social sector, Entrepreneurship, Gaining more hands-on operational experience in an international setting, Art, Poetry, Exploring neighborhoods and new places to eat
In languages that form the word “compassion” not from the root “suffering” but from the word “feeling,” the word is used in approximately the same way, but to contend that it designates a bad or inferior sentiment is difficult. The secret strength of its etymology floods the word with another light and gives it a broader meaning: to have compass...
Head of Strategy and Expansion at a leading impact investing fund or other innovative social enterprise/nonprofit
August 2010 — Present
Booz & Company
Summer Analyst Intern
July 2010 — July 2010
IE University January Term Intern
January 2010 — January 2010
• Designed interactive e-learning module to teach judgment and decision making concepts to psychology undergraduates, MBAs, and executive MBAs at top-ranked business school in Europe, which now serves as a foundation of the IE MBA/Executive leadership curriculum.
InStep Global Intern Corporate Planning
June 2009 — August 2009
• Managed internal business plan review that identified new revenue opportunities totaling $300 million; served as primary point of engagement for C-level and Executive Board stakeholders during review.
• Supervised development and built stakeholder engagement for new knowledge management system to track relationships with 120+ global academic institutions.
• Researched SME partnership and incubation models for Infosys’ internal social enterprise think tank.
TRACTUS ASIA LTD
Summer Research Analyst
June 2008 — August 2008
• Completed proposal outlining Tractus’ long term strategy to attract Chinese greenfield investment for Washington State, based on extensive primary and secondary research. Presented recommendations directly to the managing director which formed the basis of Tractus’s approach to the engagement.
• Interviewed 11 provincial officials/6 industry executives and authored article published in the journal of the China Supply Chain Council.
Hill & Knowlton
Public Relations Intern
August 2007 — August 2007
• Oversaw and wrote case submission which won in category at 2007 Asia-Pacific PR Awards.
• Conducted trilingual media monitoring for the Beijing Olympic Committee and O’Melveny & Meyers LLP.
DAVID ROCKEFELLER CENTER
MFI Development Intern
June 2007 — August 2007
• Crafted 3 year proposal to the Inter-American Development Bank and Deutsche Bank outlining capacity building programs for the Argentinean microfinance sector.
• Identified key partner to implement the first microfinance training-of-trainers course in Argentina.
• Executed and analyzed a survey of 50+ microfinance institutions nationwide with 3 team members
OFFICE OF SENATOR JOHN KERRY
Domestic Policy Constituent Relations Intern
January 2007 — May 2007
Worked closely with state policy director to conduct constituent casework and domestic policy research.
Facilitated outreach to state representatives and county sheriffs for state-wide conference on crime.
Drafted grant support documents and researched federal funding for community organizations.
A.B., Economics (Honors)
Troy High School