Wageningen UR Food & Biobased research
Design for Interaction - Graduation Internship
September 2011 — June 2012
Involved at the fuzzy-front end of a meat substitute product within the European Commission research project “LikeMeat”. My project was in close collaboration with food scientists, companies and end users. A design driven approach focused on the way in which people experience, use and understand meat substitutes aimed to inspire food developers.
- The final delivery included two product concepts for meat substitutes and the development of guidelines aimed to help companies (in the project) to develop better products from a user-experience perspective.
- Provided design thinking, creative design and user insights into the project.
- Worked as communication agent through different expertise areas in the project: engineering, researchers and companies. Sensitizing them about the needs and context of users along the project.
- Facilitating several creative sessions with food technologists, consumer researchers and chefs.
- Performing generative sessions with users.
- Active research trough design. Early prototyping and storyboards.
- Presentation of results to meat substitutes development companies from Spain, Germany and Netherlands.