December 2014 — March 2015
* Receive payment by cash, check, credit cards, vouchers, or automatic debits.
* Issue receipts, refunds, credits, or change due to customers.
* Assist customers by providing information and resolving their complaints.
* Count money in cash drawers at the beginning of shifts to ensure that amounts are correct and that there is adequate change.
* Greet customers entering establishments.
* Answer customers' questions, and provide information on procedures or policies.
* Monitor checkout stations to ensure that they have adequate cash available and that they are staffed appropriately.
* Assist with duties in other areas of the store, such as monitoring fitting rooms or bagging and carrying out customers' items.
* Sort, count, and wrap currency and coins.
* Stock shelves, and mark prices on shelves and items.
* Bag, box, wrap, or gift-wrap merchandise, and prepare packages for shipment.
* Answer customers' questions about merchandise and advise customers on merchandise selection.
* Take inventory or examine merchandise to identify items to be reordered or replenished.
* Stock shelves, racks, cases, bins, and tables with new or transferred merchandise.
* Receive, open, unpack and issue sales floor merchandise.