Product Care Association
March 2012 — Present
Product Care is a not-for-profit industry association that manages product stewardship programs for household hazardous, electrical and special waste on behalf of its members and clients across Canada.
As program coordinator of the ElectroRecycle small appliance and power tool recycling program, I am responsible for overseeing all aspects of program delivery, including communications and public outreach plans, member recruitment and member services, and setting and evaluating operational goals. ElectroRecycle is funded by a membership base of over 450 local and national businesses.
- developing and implementing annual comprehensive communications strategic plans
- overseeing a $600,000+ budget
- managing a brand ambassador program, including hiring and direct supervision of 4-6 team members
- organizing and facilitating successful workshops for program partners around B.C.
- writing copy for news stories and releases