HIV Early Intervention Specialist
May 2017 — Present
• Conducts HIV screening in both outpatient and inpatient substance use recovery facilities and clinics; conducts pre/post counseling and testing services utilizing standard testing procedures.
• Developed interactive and accessible educational materials to be utilized in all prevention department education sessions.
• Facilitates comprehensive individual and group education sessions about health topics such as HIV, sexually transmitted infections, and viral hepatitis.
• Maintains accurate client and service records in accordance with prevention department's policy and procedures.
• Cultivates relationships with substance use service providers in the area.