December 2011 — Present
1. Manage a team to ensure the delivery of an effective administration service to the Claims function; ensuring compliance with internal procedures, Fraud, ABI and FCA guidelines, ensuring that workflow is maintained in order to meet business objectives.
2. Develop and maintain technical knowledge to ensure that excellent customer service is delivered to internal and external customers. Coach and mentor team members to develop their understanding of team policies and procedures.
3. Manage and motivate a team to ensure the needs of the individual and business are met, including recruitment and selection, performance management, including regular 1:1 meetings, discipline and grievance handling and coaching and development.
4. Support and maintain the credit control function; validating and authorising claims and supplier payments. Ensure payments received are banked and reconciled on a daily basis. Investigate and resolve invoice/payment discrepancies and take appropriate corrective action within level of delegated authority.
5. Provide oversight of all customer complaints providing technical advice in relation to any escalated or potentially contentious claims.
6. Produce management reports in accordance with agreed schedules; providing feedback on statistics and absence levels.
7. Identify areas of continuous improvement and explore how to develope and embedded in the department.
8. Deliver effective internal and external communications to ensure the delivery of a quality service in line with departmental objectives.
9. Ensure the provision of excellent customer services in line with agreed team service standards.
10. Comply with Financial Conduct Authority and Data Protection Act protocols and rules.