Dakota College at Bottineau
August 2011 — Present
• Designed program goals and guidelines that promote student success and accountability while adhering to campus policy.
• Consistently generated creative and innovative “thinking outside the box” ideas in the areas of marketing, recruitment, sales, relationship building, fundraising, and communication, for instance, supporting social media presence, virtual practices in online learning management systems and academic advising, sponsorship opportunities, and special event management.
• Provided classroom management for instructors using interactive, streaming software in hybrid curriculum employing Interactive Video Network (IVN).
• Interviewed, hired, trained, and supervised student workers to monitor and manage IVN classrooms.
• Created program handbooks, applicant tracking documents, survey materials, and progress reports for use across departments.
• Assisted DCB students through the application, financial aid, and registration process.
• Demonstrated true commitment to customer experience by investing a tremendous amount of time during non-business hours with clients to ensure a successful integration to their new surroundings.
• Assisted admission counselors with obtaining necessary documentation from students and constructed electronic resources to track student progress.
• Worked with Dakota Nursing Program faculty to coordinate their orientation at VCSU. Responsible for visiting with all nursing program prospects, evaluating transcripts, assisting with application process, and also creating academic plans.
• Frequently pursued opportunities to further my education and knowledge base through articles, webinars, and conferences and obtained grant funding to do so.
• Effectively managed program budget and was responsible for providing invoices and direct billings from travel expenses, conference fees, office supplies, program materials and marketing materials.
• Negotiated pricing with outside agencies on advertising opportunities in media publications.