Douglas County School System
July 2008 — Present
Innovative, research driven educator. Current certification in AP Economics, Economics (6-12) and Special Education General Curriculum (K-12). Member of Aspiring Assistant Principals district leadership program; an application driven, competitive selection leadership group for teacher-leaders.
• Contribute to the educational development of students by planning, supporting, and collaborating with teachers to model effective teaching strategies in the classroom.
• Encourage student participation in classroom activities and promote active learning by researching and implementing diverse teaching strategies.
• Exercise flexibility in the classroom by addressing students’ needs through classroom accommodations
• Develop individualized education programs (IEPs) for students with disabilities.
• Mentor teachers in implementing successful teaching and classroom management strategy.
• Serve as department chairperson for social studies and member of the school leadership team
• Assign and schedule classroom teachers and their content
• Assist with testing coordination of state mandated Milestone assessments
• Balance classroom sizes by adjusting student schedules in Infinite Campus management system
• Act as an Administrative Assistant to Principal and Assistant Principal's
• Plan and execute graduation ceremony for 400+ students and families with attendance of over 4000 people.
Administrative Assistant (2015-2016 school year)
•Participant in the Douglas County School System Aspiring Assistant Principals program.
•Supervise students during arrival, transitions, and departure.
•Support discipline protocols and assign appropriate consequences for student misconduct.
•Assist in building and supporting professional learning communities within the school.
•Support high school scheduling for students and teachers.
•Assist with Georgia Milestones testing coordination.
•Maintain positive relationships with all stake holders