Vice President Operations
July 2006 — December 2014
• Market lead for a start-up health plan with P&L responsibility. Grew the provider network and membership with year over year growth of 400%+ and improved revenue by 16% on a per member per month basis. Led sales and operations successfully.
• Improved STARS scores for the H-plan through comprehensive reporting and interaction with providers. Ensured that both HEDIS measures and CAHPS results were also included in action plans to improve market performance
• Collaborated with sales and marketing teams to create a cohesive approach to market penetration and expansion.
• Established and maintained close customer relationships, participating in the marketing and sales processes and actively promoted the organizations capabilities and strengths resulting in expanding the service base by over 700%.
• Ensured successful execution of compliance and quality programs and documentable improvement in both customer and vendor feedback that is compared across the industry. Focus on internal and vendor service quality, customer needs and wants, and overall product offerings.
• Ensured alignment with global operating model to enable customer-centric operations focused on systems, processes and people making changes as necessary using policy and procedure changes, standardization of processes, and centralization of functions where applicable.
• Led a PCMH (Patient Centered Medical Home) as part of an IPA (Independent Physician Association)
• Proposed and implemented a mentoring program for staff that showed high potential attributes but needed to be mentored within the company culture. Personally mentored 3 people (one per year) into Director or VP roles within the organization.
• Oversaw the data analytics group and the network support teams.
• Evaluate all business operations for efficiency and effectiveness opportunities as well as new business opportunities. Lead multiple interdisciplinary project teams.