August 2012 — June 2013
- Collaborated with teachers and administrators at the Dearborn Middle School to meet the needs of both staff and students by providing 1:1 and small group tutoring in English and math
- Facilitated tier one attendance initiatives and managed a focus list of 10 students daily, making phone calls home to students who are chronically absent
- Assisting teachers in classrooms providing support to differentiate instruction and support whole class instruction in ESL classrooms
- Managed a group of students following a structured curriculum to support their social emotional needs
- New England Leadership Academy - participated in week-long application-selective only program with that provided workshops on enhancing personal leadership, behavioral management training and group discussions that shared best practices with other external corps members.
- Created an educational environment for 11 Cape Verdean ESL middle school students in City Year Extended Day Program