I am an advocate for change, working with the General and Special Education population and their families in New York City.
As an Educational Consultant, I have consulted with students and their families in long-range planning for special education services and programming. My services start with an evaluation and assessment as well as developing an appropriate Individualized Education Program (IEP).
• Advise students and parents through high school and college admissions process by facilitating school visits, supporting admissions and interview cycles, and preparing for enrollment.
• Manage evaluations of student Individualized Education Program (IEP), school records, testing info.
• Lead families through the complex special education process, by informing them of their legal rights as well as providing service and program options and testing requirements.
• Compile reports from clinical practitioners to present a summary of measurable results at progress meetings.
• Work in close collaboration with administrators, service providers, and educators to negotiate and ensure proper implementation of student services.