August 2013 — Present
A service company providing cloud-based software for higher education institutions to manage the application, review, and decision process for high volumes of applications with media-rich content.
Recruited to Company to define and own product roadmap, platform development, and client integrations. Reporting to Co-Founder & CEO. Existing product had established leadership in a niche market. Challenged to build a product development cycle to support a national sales team.
• Gathered stakeholders, sales team and account managers to better define client needs and market opportunities.
• Leading an in-house engineering team of seven and two contracted teams, built a product roadmap for the core product, vendor integrations, and product marketing.
• Established processes for requirements gathering, feature estimating,
• Within 30 days of starting: identified and prioritized critical technical debt and impact features. Solutions were completed, tested, and released just four weeks later.
• Within 60 days of starting: established cross-functional development processes supporting weekly code releases, began process of measuring velocity and effort against an agile roadmap.
• Within 90 days of starting: team increased platform speed two fold, integrated with 2 core vendors, and designed a feature for a new customer need. Core product was tested and hardened for peak application season.
• Promoted from Product Manager to VP Products in 4 months