BASF Construction Chemicals UAE LLC
Regional Marketing Communications Manager - Middle East, West Asia, CIS & Africa
August 2001 — Present
About the company :
BASF’s unit of construction chemicals was acquired from Degussa which acquired its chemical division from MBT. I joined MBT as the Customer Communications Executive and grew to the current position.
Guide, Govern, Align, Compliance, Implement and Define.
Branding Excellence, Communication Strategy (internal and external), Marketing Plan & budgeting, Media & Editorial, Content management for Internet / Intranet, internal publications, Event Management.
• Translating business segment objectives and strategies to develop brand portfolio and plans to facilitate business unit growth.
• Lead marketing communication in the Middle East, West Asia, CIS & Africa:
o Functional leadership of marketing communication teams (oversee, manage, coach and support)
o Align communication personnel as one team, one voice for the region.
o Involvement in and support of key / important company communication activities.
o Train the regional communication personnel in brand guidelines.
o Establish Brand Ambassadors
• Creating awareness and ensure consistency in Corporate brand (BASF) and 30 product brands across the region.
• Adapt and align messages, case studies, marketing materials with local traditions and target audience.
• Pioneer the implementation of 30 different brands to 1 “Master Builders Solutions” in the region.
• Actively search for and selection of suitable topics from the regional countries for internal and external communication (e.g. regular contribution to global employee newspaper, external regional and global press releases and other media).
• Define and budget yearly key Communication channels / planning for the region in alignment with global communication.
• Evaluate and appoint external agencies.
• Identify Exhibitions, conferences, sponsorship and CSR opportunities.
• Internal environmental board representative.
• Represents BASF at the M/s. Emirates Environmental Group.