Ford Motor Company
APA Technology Planning Manager
August 2010 — Present
Your amazing online presence is right this way.Create your profile
APA Technology Planning Manager at Ford Motor Company
Develop product plans for Super Duty pickups and Expedition/Navigator. Kick-off product development efforts for upcoming programs.
Establish a product/portfolio plan for achieving mid-term corporate sustainability targets globally.
• Managed a cross-functional team in the development and analysis of technical alternatives to reach corporate sustainability targets.
• Leveraged a global portfolio CO2 model to identify the optimum application of technologies across the portfolio to improve vehicle performance at minimal cost.
• Achieved alignment on architectural assumptions for the next generation of products globally.
• Guided strategy implementation through initiation of follow-on efforts with the respective regional, platform and technology teams.
Develop and gain approval of the ten year global product plan, including all vehicles, regions, assembly plants and powertrains. Conduct product strategy studies.
• Led a global cross-functional effort to identify and prioritize profitable growth opportunities. Identified opportunities for 380k units/year and $1.1B cash flow in the business plan period.
• Supervised the launch of a $1M project to upgrade the existing global cycle plan database to improve quality, efficiency and compliance with security standards.
• Spearheaded the analysis and selection of market opportunities for seven seat vehicles in Asia Pacific – comprehensive study acclaimed as a template for future product strategies.
• Benchmarked and tailored an innovation process for application in the Asia Pacific region.
Lead product strategy efforts for the Changan Ford Mazda Automotive joint venture in Chongqing, China. Manage the Product Development business plan, budget, headcount plans and program engineering budgets. Supervise 10+ local employees. Ensure alignment between long-term strategic plans and short-term resource allocation.
• Established the Product and Business Strategy office for the Changan Ford Mazda Automotive joint venture in Chongqing, China; developed a high performing local team to drive strategic planning efforts within the company.
• Led the kick off of several successful vehicle programs, including the 5-door Focus and 2006 Mondeo freshening.
• Initiated a cross-carline powertrain strategy to enhance competitiveness while reducing vehicle cost and overall investment.
• Coordinated development of the budget and resource plan to ramp up technical capability of the local PD center.
Consolidate Asia Pacific market input regarding vehicle needs and coordinate cross-functional evaluation of product proposals. Set up and moderate milestone approval meetings for all vehicle programs throughout the region (approx. 150 milestones reviewed).
• Implemented and enhanced the process and IT tools for strategic planning, program approval, and resource allocation.
• Coordinated establishment of business processes to support integration of cycle planning and program management databases.
Improved vehicle quality and cost through changes to brake and steering systems. Performed line trials for engineering changes.
Spearheaded commonality initiative leading to savings of $500 per vehicle and $21M investment.
Finalized the controls team budget and long-term plan for development of the Joint Strike Fighter
Initiated and coordinated generation of a detailed program plan for the next stage of JSF development
Established process and tool for recording and tracking system requirements
Set up methodology and plan for requirements maturation and management
Participated in work-out session to explore leadership training program best-practices throughout GE
Received "Student Intern Contribution" award
Coordinated efforts of a global engineering team to complete cost-out projects for annual savings of $700,000
Invented a database tool to identify and assist in future design projects
• Conceived and implemented an improved staffing process giving functional teams the freedom to self-schedule.
• Employed a system for authoring and delivering computer based training throughout the hospital so staff could complete technical training during slow times.
• Managed information technology resources for 80 employees; created and maintained two intranet sites to enhance communication within and between departments.
• Recognized twice with annual "Outstanding Employee" award.