April 2009 — November 2010
Responsible for the Logistics Customer Service Team (total 4 staff). Communicated with Account Managers and directly with external customers. Maintained customer contracts, negotiated with haulage companies and arranged collections of material for recycling, processed customer & supplier invoices, and managed stock at locations throughout the UK. Controlled customer complaint process.
• Created training matrices for each job role and Customer Service team member to highlight additional training required. Each area of training was aligned with newly created ISO9001 processes to ensure each team member had the skills required to complete their role and drive forward a consistent high level of customer service.
• Empowered the Customer Service team to source new haulage partners and re-negotiate existing deals, leading to a cost reduction of £36k in 2010 without negatively impacting performance.
• Encouraged and developed individuals through mentoring and PDPs to gain promotion to diverse areas of the business.
• Efficiently integrated the invoice processing function into the team, saving £68k in 2009 & 2010.
Responsible for the Administration team (total 5 staff). Communicated with internal and external customers. Processed new membership applications for businesses joining the Packaging, WEEE, Batteries and Carbon compliance schemes, maintaining information on the CRM system. Processed regulatory information for 3500 compliance scheme members. Audited documents in accordance with Environment Agency guidelines. Provided administration support to Compliance, IT and Procurement departments. Also provided ISO, H&S, and Tender administration support.
• Completed the integration of the ISO9001, ISO14001, and H&S administration into the team.
• Streamlined the PERN audit process by working with Systems department to create a new database to help manage the process, saving £3k annually.
• Reduced time taken for member to join compliance schemes by 25%