O'Reilly Auto Parts
Retail Service Specialist
November 2013 — January 2014
• Responsible and accountable for assisting customers with parts and merchandise sales during peak selling periods throughout the day/week.
• Insured store merchandise and in-stock levels meet demand expectations.
• Welcomed and greeted while providing 100% superior customer service, and pleasant shopping experience at all times.
• Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusion as individual or team player for the customer's needs and car safety.
• Key Holder/Carrier, responsible for opening/closing store and activation/deactivation of alarm.
• Tested battery, alternator, and/or starter in/out of vehicle; Installation of wipers and/or light bulbs as needed and viable.
• Performed cycle counts, overstock inquiry, labeled merchandise/price changes as needed, and put up merchandise when truck arrived.
• Approved price changes, employee discount, early clocking in thru POS computer via own personal override code.
• Performed nightly closing duties, including running reports, safe balance, register reconciliation, store appearance, setting of alarm, and computer shutdown.
• Performed daily returns to DC, including cores, warranty, recalls, new merchandise, and other parts or pieces, including proper labeling, stacking, and wrapping of totes and pallet with returns merchandise manifest via TeamNet.
• Enrolled and explained our rewards program and related sales.