Arizona Department of Education
Director of Educational Technology
October 2014 — Present
• Provide leadership and strategic planning for initiatives and activities pertaining to technology integration, instructional design, distance learning, digital literacy, blended learning and public information.
• Oversee the strategic planning, coordination, deployment and implementation of digital curricula.
• Implement and maintain diverse delivery models for instruction, including virtual learning (VL) and blended learning (BL), to increase the capacity of 23 adult education programs with over 13,000 students.
• Manage technical assistance efforts and training for over 500 teachers and administrators in order to promote blended learning in Arizona's adult education classrooms.
• Analyze data, evaluate outcomes, and report annually on VL/BL system progress.
• Interface with US Dept of Education, other states, and other entities within Arizona to advance diverse delivery systems in adult education.
• Work with curriculum leaders of specific content areas to ensure integration of technology in individual curriculum areas/specific content areas.
• Model the use of technology to make connections to curriculum, instruction, and learning.
• Provide recommendations for teacher / staff development relative to technology integration and use of classroom technology tools and applications.