November 2010 — July 2011
• Attended college fairs, make presentations to diverse populations of high school students, guidance counselors, and parents
• Conducted application reviews, answer telephone and email inquiries, as well as perform other administrative duties such as typing and proofreading reports
• Advised prospective students on the application process, how to apply for financial aid, and preparing for their freshman year of college
• Assisted with on-the-job-training for new employees.
• Served as Interim Director of Admissions
• Developed, evaluated, interpreted, and enforced admissions policies, procedures, and strategies applicable to the area of admissions and recruitment and served as the authoritative source of information.
• Assisted in the development of a Student Ambassador Program to include the selection and training of appropriate student.
• Served as mentor for a first generation male mentoring program.
• Advised the Dean of Enrollment Management and other college officials of current recruitment trends and demographic as they may affect and impact student admissions.
• Developed and conducts an active recruitment program through advertising, contacts with high schools, Jr. colleges, technical schools, and other sources of obtaining prospective students.
• Assisted in preparing reports and recommendations for the Dean of Enrollment Management
• Had final authority in admissions decisions of recruited students