CT Association of Nonprofits
February 2014 — Present
Your amazing online presence is right this way.Create your profile
I work with women & teens to help them achieve their dreams by providing sex ed, empowerment and career coaching. Specifically, to help guide them through transitions such as starting high school, college, and in-between jobs.
Motivational speaking, consulting services adolescent/women's sexual health issues, group facilitation, curriculum development, program planning/implementation/evaluation, grassroots organizing/campaigning, and workshop and panel presentations.
Co-designing and facilitating pilot of another peer-to-peer fundraising program, called FriendRaisers, for 18-30 year olds across the country. Attended monthly trainings on fundraising for Advocates for Youth and helped raise $8,000.
• Mentored 60 multi-cultural teens at a program focused on educating, developing, and empowering future leaders
• Facilitated daily group workshops and debriefings relating to public speaking and implementing social justice projects
Represents Planned Parenthood of Southern New England in the PR & Marketing department.
Coordinates volunteers in 19 health centers, advocacy, education, and development departments in CT and Rhode Island.
Recruits and manages volunteers, externs, and interns to support each departments and center as well as provide professional development opportunities for supporters.
• Founder and leader of a weekly student-led workshop in writing and crafts at a halfway house in Hartford
• Led ” Students Against Sexual Assault”
• Spoke at, and responsible for production of, Take Back the Night; Organized a panel dialogue about sexism
• Organized an event with an artists’ coming out story, and a screening on female sexuality with an award winning documentary filmmaker
• Raised funds funds to bring Tennessean Becca Stevens, honored at the White House to present on her social enterprise, Thistle Farms
• Helped to facilitate a therapeutic arts program for incarcerated women and for children with parents in prison
• Assisted inthe implementation of an arts retreat at York Correctional Institution for mothers and their children
• As designated administrative assistant, coordinated other interns, managed the front desk
• Chief customer service provider for visitors, phone calls, and emails