Coblentz Patch Duffy & Bass LLP
Senior Litigation Paralegal
September 2014 — Present
• Trial Experience & Preparation: Preparing for and attending trial.
• Case Management: Supporting multiple attorneys and managing an extensive caseload within the Litigation group; drafting and preparing pleadings, discovery, motions and settlement documents for court filing; handling the review and document management of electronic discovery; assisting attorneys with two extensive document reviews in trademark infringement and false advertising litigation; assisting attorneys with deposition preparation; tracking paralegal billable hours.
• Translation & Interpretation: Serving as interpreter for monolingual Spanish speakers in client meetings.
• Legal Education Credit obtained from attending the following seminars/classes: Invisible Abuses Against Women & LGBT People in Prison; Financial Analysis Using Excel: A Workshop for Lawyers; Unauthorized and Multidisciplinary Practice of Law: Ethical Considerations That Define What Lawyers Can (and Cannot) Do; Encryption for Lawyers: The Time Has Come.
• Software: Training completed in Westlaw; WestlawNext; LexisNexis; LexisNexis Advance; LexisNexis CaseMap; MS Office 2010; File Mapping; OneNote; LiveNote; Concordance; Relativity; Ringtail Visual E-Discovery; DMS (Document Management System) timekeeping software.