University of Florida
Online Adjunct Lecturer
January 2014 — Present
College of Journalism – Web Design and Online Communication
• Plan, evaluate, and revise curricula, course content, course materials, and methods of instruction in the Web Design and Online Communications Master's Program.
• Incorporate media and interactive learning tools when appropriate to enhance learning.
• Evaluate and grade students' assignments and projects.
• Prepare course materials such as syllabi, lectures, homework assignments, quizzes, projects, discussions, and handouts.
• Prepare and deliver live lectures to graduate students via Adobe Connect on topics such as History of the Internet/Web Design; HTML5/CSS3/jQuery; and Web Design stages: Sketching, Wireframes, Mockups, etc.
• Responsible for overseeing the creative direction and project management associated with the development of the program’s Student Showcase website.
• Mentored and supported new instructors and TA’s
• Assess, design and develop "learner-focused" instructional materials including modules, self-paced study, and multimedia solutions for an online learning environment.
• Effectively integrate Quality Matters standards into course design.
• Appraise course creation quality in terms of design, writing, editing; identify and provide for corrective action when needed.
• Apply the appropriate learning theory and instructional theory necessary for excellent online course design and implementation.
• Manage the development of online courses from conceptualization through production, including the management of all subject matter experts.
• Develop and communicate design 12-16 module courses and production schedules.
Responsible for instructing the following courses:
- Web Design Principles (History of the Internet/Web Design, HTML/CSS, Design stages: Sketching, Wireframes, Mockups, etc.)
- Web Design 1 and 2 for Professional Development