Teach For America
Senior Managing Director - Human Assets
April 2008 — Present
Executive partner and dedicated leader committed to creating a diverse, inclusive working environment by fostering collaboration, cultural sensitivity, succession planning, training & development, and empowering employees to succeed. Directly lead a four-person team, exceeding goals across a staff of 400 and twice winning “Great Places to Work” honors. A selection of experience and accomplishments includes:
HUMAN CAPITAL STRATEGY:
• Pioneer holistic talent planning strategies with executive leadership to build successful talent retention and succession models for more than 180 employees with an emphasis on shrinking the diversity promotion gap.
• Lead hiring initiatives for more than 60 roles annually, including creation of profiles, designing interview models, organizing streamlined, centralized hiring events, driving retention rates, and improving applicant satisfaction to 98%.
• Create title framework and audit process to drive consistency and transparency in roles & titles for 70 positions.
• Govern Performance Management process to ensure 100% compliance and correlate results to compensation terms.
EXECUTIVE COACHING & DEVELOPMENT:
• Develop and deliver Executive Coaching Engagements, to address learning opportunities with leadership teams and create tangible impact – receiving 100% on client assessment indicating “measurable progress against team priorities.”
• Designed and implemented a leadership development coaching platform for aspiring school principal fellows.
• Lead organization-wide trainings on essential topics, including diversity, conflict mediation, and managerial training.
• Deliver “Exploring Leadership” program, an immersive (5) day program for succession-caliber staff. Earned a 90% net promoter score, and 87% of participants identified the program as their “most meaningful learning experience.”