Berkeley Credit and Finance
November 2012 — December 2013
• Managing and motivating the team to increase sales and ensure efficiency.
• Managing office operations.
• Achieving sales and gross profit goals while operating within the budget
• Working directly with the store team to identify, develop and communicate action plans to improve sales results
• Ensuring that excellent standards for quality customer service are met in accordance with our values.
• Maintaining awareness of market trends in the retail industry, understanding forthcoming customer initiatives, and monitoring what local competitors are doing.
• Using good business judgment in decision-making processes to improve the overall business and to ensure the store can compete effectively in the local market.
• Dealing with staffing issues: interviewing potential staff; conducting appraisals, and performance review; providing and organising training and development; rewarding staff.
• Knowledge of commodity valuation process