Social Media Research Analyst
October 2010 — June 2013
Research Design and Project Management
• IBM: Managed a team of analysts in researching IBM’s online reputation after a particular event. Developed a new research methodology to mimic real-time social media analysis, which became a key product offering at Converseon.
• WOMMA (Word of Mouth Marketing Association): Member of WOMMA's Value of WOM Committee and participated in the preliminary research design process for measuring the ROI of various types of marketing.
• Advertising Research Foundation (ARF): Contributed to the research on consumers' purchase process of certain goods, such as automobiles, electronics and groceries, through the use of digital and social media. Final paper was published as an ARF White Paper.
Experience with International Clients
• Walmart: Led the Chinese social media component of a large-scale global research project on Walmart’s brand reputation and consumer responses to their corporate initiatives. Overall project received the 2011 Digiday SAMMY Award for the Best Social Listening Strategy.
• Coca-Cola: Directed the Asian component of a global, multi-language project focusing on the study on how young adults engage with each other online to discuss food and beverages. Coca-Cola utilized research findings towards developing their new advertising campaign.
• Performed analysis on Twitter, Facebook, forum and blogging platforms on acquired data by using statistical software, such as R and Cytoscape.
• IBM: Conducted social media listening and influencer research for IBM on a range of technologies. Utilized network analysis to determine how influencers interact with one another online, ultimately providing criteria for prioritizing outreach.
Recruitment and Training
• Interviewed, trained, and managed new interns and contractors.
• Wrote and edited training materials and product documentation for all research analysts.