Associate Technical Project Manager
January 2013 — Present
Your amazing online presence is right this way.Create your profile
Associate Technical Project Manager at Thomson Reuters
I have performed a number of roles in a wide variety of projects and programmes whilst contracting within the MIS department.
My responsibilities have included:
• Business engagement project manager for a number of technical projects, aligning them with the Demand and Delivery Process. Projects have included SAMI (Subversion code repository environment) DR Implementation, Open Source Scanning environment implementation, Siebel DR invocations, GAARD and eDTK re-platforming and a Secure Internet Gateway capability.
• Coordinating team meetings and discovery workshops with internal teams and third party vendors.
• Working alongside sourcing and the MIS vendor manager to in-source third-party vendor and software contracts.
• Liaising with the MIS HR department to facilitate the reintroduction of UK staff that fell under TUPE legislation into MIS.
• Liaising with HR in Bangalore to coordinate the recruitment and off-shoring of teams to Bangalore.
• Working alongside and deputizing for the Business Engagement Release Manager throughout the MIS release process.
• Project Managing the Serena Team Track environment, and related change requests, through MIS release schedules.
• Managing Clarity reporting and ensuring that the team are complying with MIS process requirements
• Working with the Shared Software Development Framework team to provide a yearly roadmap.
• Working with the SOX teams to transition controls previously held by a third party vendor.
• Collating and following up on actions, risks, issues and dependencies.
• Working alongside finance to monitor and report on programme budgets.
• Coordinating and managing the approval and purchase of CapEx and OpEx purchases to tight deadlines.
• Resource forecast management and contract renewal.
• Managing service introductions.
• Managing Team and Project Hub and SharePoint sites.
• Managing travel requests and visa applications.
• Administrating My Time Tracking for our cost centres.
Initially employed as a first-line Desktop Support Analyst I progressed on to general infrastructure, server and application support. My duties and experience include project planning, deploying business critical systems and disaster recovery measures. Here is a summary of my skill sets:
Windows NT - Windows 2008 Server deployment, support, administration and trouble-shooting
MS Virtual Server 2005 and Hyper-V Administration and guest deployment
MS SharePoint Server 2007 migration, deployment and administration
MS Dynamics GP, FRx, and Integration Manager deployment, administration and support
Visual Studio Team Foundation Server 2005/2008 migration, deployment and administration
MS Project Server 2003/2007 migration, deployment and administration
Atlassian Jira, Crowd and Confluence, deployment and administration
RIM Blackberry Enterprise Server deployment, administration and handheld device configuration and maintenance
Citrix Metaframe 1.8 - Xenapp 5 deployment and administration
MS SQL Server 6.5-2008 general administration
Lotus Domino Server deployment and administration, Exchange Server 2003/2007 Administration
Trend, McAfee, Symantec and Kaspersky anti-virus software administration
Renewing, ordering and implementing SSL certificates
Windows 95 - Windows 7 support
Office 95 - 2007 support
Ipswitch Whatsup Gold Monitoring system
Deployment and support of HR systems including HRPro 3.4-3.7, Snowdrop, Accord and Centrefile payroll systems
Hardware experience with HP and Dell servers and laptops
Manual builds or automated builds using Altiris deployment system
SCCM 2007 Administration
Managing Business Continuity Plans and Periodical Test Events
Arcserve backups and tape libraries
Creating user manuals, training documentation, policy and disaster recovery plan documents.
Ordering software and hardware online and from suppliers
Providing software support and training for users
Managing team rotas and payments
After my original role as Revenue Assistant, I became District Information Technology Officer when PCs were introduced into the district in 1994.
My key achievements in this role were to:
Provide end-user application support for Windows 3.1, Windows 95, DOS
Design and develop the SARA (Self Assessment Return Analysis) system for Hertford district
Maintain and administer stand-alone systems and district network
Provide MS Office training and DBMS development for Inspectors