Advisor,Office of Career and Student Development, School of Law
July 2015 — Present
• Provide career counseling to law students and alumni on an individual and group basis regarding career planning and job search strategies, including professional skill development, networking and job search techniques.
• Plan and provide career planning and professionalism programs that support and develop students and alumni. Draft comprehensive materials for career resources library regarding the career planning process.
• Conduct employer outreach to develop network for student employment opportunities, including internships, externships, summer employment, semesters-in-practice, and post-graduation positions. Cultivate employer and alumni contacts through attendance at professional organization and association events.
• Staffed Elon Law’s Council on Professionalism & Intercultural Engagement (CPICE), focused on increasing intercultural competence and creating inclusive community. Served as principal drafter of CPICE’s June 2016 report to the Dean. Thereafter, serve on Inclusive Community Workgroup with faculty, staff and students.
• Provide extensive developmental and operational support for course-connected residency-in-practice program. Collaborate with faculty and staff on other long-range projects.
• Advise and support student organizations, including the Pro Bono Board, the Student Bar Association Diversity Committee and SALSA (Spanish and Latino/a Law Student Association).
• Provide counseling support to law students.
• Staff and support law students at job fairs including the North Carolina Legal Interview Program, the Southeastern Minority Job Fair and Equal Justice Works. Represent Office of Career & Student Development at regional and local meetings of professional organizations and associations.
• Co-created sustainable assessment program for career services programs and student and alumni employment data. Manage and maintain employment records and prepare numerous and varying statistical reports.