The Kingsbury Center
August 2013 — Present
• Develop comprehensive and innovative 9th and 10th grade Biology and Earth Science courses; design and teach a curriculum for a new 11th grade advanced course in Anatomy and Physiology.
• Differentiate lesson plans to ensure flexibility for alternative methods of learning for students with specific learning disabilities, through project-based learning; work one-on-one with students to maximize retention and progress.
• Collaborate with the Individualized Education Program (IEP) team to write individual goals and objectives for all 9th and 10th grade students; serve as the point person for the meetings to ensure the implementation and delivery of services mandated on each child’s IEP.
• Collaborate with 12th grade students to serve as a Capstone mentor, and to guide and support their research in areas of interest.
• Manage, lead, and facilitate the Professional Learning Community (PLC) on Health and Safety to follow the mandates required for the Association of Independent Maryland & DC Schools (AIMS) Action Plan, and to ensure compliance and continued accreditation.