Career Services Advisor
September 2015 — Present
Arapahoe/Douglas Works! is one of many American Job Centers throughout the nation, and we pride ourselves on providing renown customer service, and 100% employability to those who want to work. As a Career Advisor, it is my pleasure to assist between 25 and 50 customers per week by providing orientations, workshops, resume reviews, mock interviews, and one-on-one career guidance.
• Work with customers with wide variety of socioeconomic and industry backgrounds in both group and individual settings to provide customized career guidance.
• Facilitate over 10 workshops on topics including resume writing, interviewing, job searching, networking, and social media.
• Complete initial and follow-up assessments to determine customers’ unique skill-sets and barriers to employment in order to facilitate swift reemployment.
• Assist in running system reports and sending invitation letters to approx. 150 people per week.
• Quickly obtain labor market and company information, and utilize keen observation skills in order to provide same-day mock interview services.
• Recommend workshops and specialized programs based on assessments.
• Record detailed case notes in state-wide database.
• Maintain working knowledge of unemployment information, and answer customer inquiries when appropriate.