Workmens Auto Insurance Company
September 2008 — October 2011
• Manage independent agents and producers in Northern California, Nevada, Utah, Southern Idaho, and national account(s). Covered Washington and Oregon during employee transition period.
• Accountable for managing sales production and agency profitability.
• Set production goals for each agency and entire book of business. Formulate annual objectives.
• Handle $10 million book of business; meeting profitability goals every quarter.
• Generate sales through building and developing agency relationships. Create sales incentives to encourage growth.
• Work closely with agents to identify competitor information, pricing needs, and product data.
• Processed changes and issued new business policies to assist underwriting in high volume periods.
• Train new Territory Managers and provide support for existing team.
• Prospect and Appoint new agents and brokers within territory.
• Work with product management and business development to open two new states. Prepare and review demographic and competitors data to establish desired markets.
• Create marketing material and training programs for new and existing clientele.
• Attend related conventions, association events, and networking opportunities.