iPhone Hardware System Integrator
December 2012 — Present
Your amazing online presence is right this way.Create your profile
iPhone System Integrator at Apple
• Designed the UI and user experience through close collaboration with the team resulting in the viral spread of DOT.
• Directed a marketing campaign through social media channels, resulting in a sell-out conference of 1,500 attendees in under 72 hours.
• Collaborated and spearheaded new initiatives on the business development and overall strategy in the growth of DOT.
• Involvement in all stages of product development with knowledge and hands-on lab experience in functional verification, signal characterization, signal integrity, schematic design, prototype bring-up and debugging.
• Lead and built software to enable data visualization, team collaboration, and process optimization, resulting in a major leap of overall efficiency within the HW team.
• Led efforts and contributed to the user experience, product strategy and product roadmap, through close-collaboration with co-founders, for a new venture for disrupting the speaking industry.
• Created rapid prototypes (high fidelity mockups) and wireframes to market the platform to 1000+ potential investors and speakers at conferences all around North America (IABC & MPI 2010).
• Evaluated, researched, and presented detailed user scenarios for the design of radio frequency, sensor technology, payment systems, low power displays, protocol standardization and other emerging technology contributing to next generation product development.
• Directed technical feasibility studies with external vendors aimed at the optimization of the final unit assembly and test process, resulting in substantial time savings within iPod hardware engineering.
• Spearheaded idea brainstorms for new hardware and software ideas for the next generation of Apple products.
• Defined and created new initiatives and tools, in the areas of competitive analysis and engineering validation through close collaboration with cross functional teams.
• Built an automation system for carrier acceptance validation, by debugging and examining the existing infrastructure, resulting the overall time savings of 24 hours per software build.
• Developed an automation interface to streamline PTCRB/GCF device certification, by fully leveraging existing frameworks and APIs to accomplish test requirements.
• Conducted Bluetooth SIG device conformance testing on iPod/iPhone devices, with vector signal generator and signal analyzer lab equipment, ensuring the functional reliability of consumer devices.
• Established and facilitated a series of re-occuring HDL Workshop for junior team members to build up technical expertise.
• Restructured the organization, by creating a roadmap of measurable objectives, to ensure continuity upon departure of the executive team.
• Reinvigorated the presence and perception of the organization, via unique and effective print and marketing campaigns, leading to a 400% increase in student interest/turnout during recruitment.
• Re-engineered processes to eliminate bottlenecks through the development of an automation framework, reducing the required validation time by 50%.
• Developed long-term software solution to replace a hardware device for the testing of board stability and quality—resulting in the savings of ~$10,000 in parts and assembly costs.
• Designed and implemented a new web-based project & defect tracking system by identifying and eliminating functional and usability issues, resulting in a system with intuitive workflow, and improvements in productivity.
• Strong communication skills demonstrated by the widespread adoption of solutions throughout the department through interactions with engineers, technologists and management.
• Performed signal quality analysis (GSM and WCDMA) on customer prototypes carrying the QCT chipset, by using Agilent wireless communication to eliminate potential roadblocks in the product development cycle.
• Conducted hardware and software performance analyses on the Qualcomm chipset, by writing test cases based on consumer behaviour to determine the varying modes of device failure.
• Addressed critical product issues on a new hardware branch, by analyzing memory dump and device driver code, related to the warm-up time of the crystal oscillator, leading to a fix for verification and integration into product mainline.
• Diagnosed customer issues from Trace32, by writing and enhancing diagnostic tools in PRACTICE II scripting language to capture essential information such as register and transistor values, to assist technology teams in collecting driver logs for software analysis.
• Implemented the first Wishabi user-interface from concept to reality with high usability standards by consulting with supervisors and team members to understand the Wishabi brand-the Wishabi user interface is viewed and used by tens of thousands of users per day
• Eliminated all assigned bugs reducing count from over 200 to 0 over a period of two weeks allowing Wishabi to reach Alpha stage
• Designed and implemented an extendible page sharing feature, using Ruby on Rails, for the product, in 3 days allowing viral spreading of Wishabi.com functionality for the growth of Wishabi
• Solved application cross-browser compatibility issues, by creating a branch of the product using Subversion source control, ensuring product functionality and visibility for 25% of internet users
• Mentored new company employee, reviewed, and transferred details about the Wishabi interface framework-ensured continued success for the company upon departure