Claremont McKenna College
Assistant Director of Career Services and Coordinator of Sponsored Internships
April 2010 — Present
• Counsel students and alumni seeking help with their internship, job, graduate school, and career planning; critique materials, conduct mock interviews, refer and explain resources.
• Manage all facets of the College’s Sponsored Internship Program, awarding funding to 120-130 students each summer for domestic and international experiences; establish deadlines, procedures, and processes; market Program through presentations and emails; coordinate and participate in the selection process; oversee budgets; increased applications by 38% over four-years.
• Serve as the College’s Pre-Law Adviser, counseling students and alumni considering and applying to law school; review admissions process, critique application materials, organize events including an annual law-school fair.
• Interpret Myers Briggs Type Indicator and Strong Interest Inventory results.
• Provide workshops to students on a range of career related topics.
• Promote Career Services by presenting to parents, prospective students/parents, and staff.
• Administer and analyze the results of the annual Summer Survey, sent to all returning students.
• Devised and implemented a new internship resource, leveraging data from the Summer Survey.
• Presented at the 2011 MPACE Conference on CMC's Sponsored Internship Program (presentation below).
• Organized a business fashion show and make-over competition in collaboration with Nordstrom (promotional video below).