Kicking Horse Mountain Resort
Rental Team Lead
June 2011 — September 2013
I worked as a Rental Team Lead during the summer and winter seasons; with responsibilities that
· Hire new seasonal staff, using company guidelines,
· Train the seasonal staff in resort policies, occupational health and safety, and rental procedures for both summer and winter,
· Organize the rental schedule, minimizing staffing costs to attain a good profit factor, while maintain excellent customer service,
· Explain and complete a damage liability waiver with the guest, and sell extra insurance.
· Provide guest with all of the safety equipment and ensure it fitted properly, selling the customer their own equipment when the opportunity arose,
· Explain the unique features of the skis and snowboards to ensure the guest was on the correct equipment for their needs, selling the upgrades to the guest when required,
· Give a safety demonstration of the downhill bikes, explaining the unique features of a downhill bike compared to a normal bicycle,
· Perform basic maintenance on the skis, snowboards and bikes as and when required,
· Selling guests ex-rental equipment using my knowledge and passion of the equipment.
· Increased the insurance acceptance rate to 95% from 90%,
· Increased the High Performance Rental uptake to 65% during the winter season from 55%